Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First Day Sets the stage

Greeting from Colorado,

This will be my third Training camp in Colorado. everytime I arrive here I am still in awe of the facilities food and over all ambience. I remember not being able to stop smiling here my very first practice because everything was just so COOL... well my smile changed a little as I gasped for air in the Colorado altitude as Leigh and Terry and the other OTC coaches put us through an intense training camp back in 2007, and I anticipate the this years camp to be much the same.

After a light workout on Sunday evening, it felt good this morning to get in a session focussed on group technique. The evening we had a lighter warm-up then got right into five rounds of five minute matches. At a camp with two of the best countries in womens wrestling it is pretty easyu to get a line up of matches with previous world champions and World medalists. It was a real challenge.

After the session i knew we will really need to look within ours this week to meet the hard work ahead. I am excited and know my Canadian team mates are ready to rise up to the Challenge...
More to come...

Erica Wiebe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment